Friday, January 22, 2010

Endings are always sad and beginings are always scary. I am starting fresh and new. The days of staying home with the kids, either barefoot or pregnant, and usually covered in spit-up wearing my husbands t-shirts are gone. The kids have grown. My excuse to be a stay at home mom is wearing thin now that the oldest will be starting middle school and the youngest joins her sister in elementary. I will have hours of time all to myself. It is the moment I was waiting for but never wanted to come. The day of bitter sweet independance. To ease my suffering this fall I have decided to start making a plan for myself now. What can I do? Not just for financial reasons but also for my own well being. Focus on something not child related. It will be a scary moment of self discovery to uncover what I have been covering for the past 11 years. At 30 years old, I am now asking myself, "Who am I?" and "What in the hell do I want to be when I grow up?"

No comments:

Post a Comment